Tutorials are small, rewarding projects that will help you build confidence and start developing a mental model for how JITX works. These are intended to be self-contained, introductory projects for learning.
The following is the end-to-end workflow of going from an idea to a design using JITX.
- Define requirements (Conventional EE process).
- System level design / block diagram (Conventional EE process).
- Create a new JITX project.
- Pull in major components to your JITX project.
- Import your components from an existing design or component file (KiCad or Altium).
- Search OCDB to see if the part exists.
- Connectivity + Passives
netstatements to connect your components together
cap-strap, etc. to create passives, pullups, etc.
- write checks for your components and design, then run them to verify validity of your design
- Export to CAD (Altium or KiCad)
- Layout, Order Board (Conventional EE process)
Learning JITX - What To Do When You're Stuck
Here are some tips to follow when you're stuck/don't know how to do something in JITX.